The Kiama Art Society is a vibrant, friendly group of artists, run by volunteers, with a membership of approximately 200. Members’ benefits include the opportunity to participate in the exhibitions and educational programs run by the society. We are a not for profit, community organisation.
- Weekly classes for children during school terms
- Long and short term art classes for adults with experienced artists/ tutors, including weekly life drawing (at the Kiama Scout Hall) and social painting (Thursdays).
- Workshops for adults throughout the year, with local or visiting artist/ tutors
- Monthly Demonstrations – First Tuesday of each month, providing artistic inspiration to members, and fostering sharing and socialising.
- The 43rd Annual KAS Exhibition planning is under way. This event has been a major part of the Kiama arts scene since its inception in 1966. 2021 entry forms available in May. Venue: Kiama Leagues Club Auditorium. August 27 to September 4th, 2021.
- Other Exhibitions: Up to 4 Exhibitions per year at The Old Fire Station.
- We also support the Kiama High School Art Exhibition, the Kiama Show Art Exhibition, and organise an annual exhibition for Primary Children (to run again in 2022).
Annual Membership $40